Thursday, June 05, 2008

Four Weddings And A TV Star

Made it over to The Abbey tonight to see the big commitment ceremony hosted by TR Knight (of Grey's Anatomy fame). My friends John & Jordan were apart of the ceremony, celebrating the recent Supreme Court ruling to make marriage equal for ALL couples. It was really fun!
No party is complete without papparazzi! TMZ was outside and apparently I missed Jay Leno by a few minutes... BOO! :(
P.S. OMFG the dude in the background with the pirate eye patch was killing me. I had to fight back a laugh every time I saw it.
My good friends and Uber-Bloggers Alek and Steph were there covering the event! :)

My newest BFF Loy met up with me there, we had a blast hanging out, I laughed so hard at one point wedding cake came out my nose.*
*Bitch please. I don't wedding cake.
John and Jordan looking superposh walking down the white carpet! They were interviewed by a bunch of reporters, TV cameras were on them, which is all great until fame makes them go all Britney on us. ;)
It ain't a commitment ceremony without some big haired trannies! W00t!
TR was super nice and crazy friendly - and of course like 2 feet shorter then me. ;) haha
I think my new nickname should be Freaky Hollywood Man Giant!
Loy got a pic with Judy Shepard, mom of Matthew Shepard. She, along with the mayor of Weho, gave a great speech and talked about the need for equality among ALL human beings. It was really cool.
It's interesting to see this huge civil rights movement happening firsthand - really the big one of my generation. It's hard to imagine that not that long ago - in our parents or grandparent's lifetimes - blacks were treated like second class citizens, women couldn't vote, racism was rampant... it's great to see the last few pieces of hatred and inequality are dying off and changing. There's a great article in Newsweek by Anna Quindlen that pretty much sums it up:

"The Same People"

Scream, shout, jump up and down. No matter. The gay-marriage issue is over and done with. The upshot: love won."

Congratulations guys! You both rock and are disgustingly cute together! :D

No comments: