Sunday, November 05, 2006

Babel = Crapbel

I couldn't think of anything derogatory enough that rhymes with Babel. I made the mistake of seeing it last night... Wow, was it horrid. 2.5 hours of PAIN. It was so poorly edited, and the whole Japanese storyline felt like a bad excuse for the director to film in Japan. I thought it was so cool to be able to see a limited release movie since it's only playing in NY and LA right now, but ... wow, was it bad. :(

What was really frustrating was the movie had so much potential. If you saw the trailer, you know what I mean. However about an hour into it was I ready to just LEAVE and be done with that madness. Some people in the theatre even laughed during some 'serious' parts!
I felt bad for anyone who wanted to go see "The new Brad Pitt movie" cuz guess what, he's in it for like 30 minutes. Cate Blanchett even came accross as kind of dull and boring, which I thought was like impossible for her. But then with bad directing, anything is truly possible.

It gets two thumbs up.... the nose of it's lame ass director,

Alejandro González Iñárritu. I can't say your name and I sure as heck ain't gonna see one of your movies again! BOOO!

No comments: